North West Tasmania
In 1974 James Snr and Valerie Hursey relocated from Dover (South East Tasmania) to Stanley (North West Tasmania). In 1987, to complement a growing company fishing fleet, a commercial factory/takeaway/restaurant was established in memory of James Snr and Valerie's son, Patrick, who was lost at sea attempting to rescue an adventurer rowing across Bass Strait.
In June 2015, the property was extensively renovated and now seats 100 diners, overlooking the bay and nestled under the Stanley Nut.
Hursey Seafoods’ fleet of 9 vessels catches Southern Rock Lobster, Giant Crab, Stripey Trumpeter, Gummy Shark, Flathead and other local reef fish. Our Lobsters are retained live in sea tanks, which ensures supply all year and provides consumers with the very best taste.
Why Visit Hursey Seafoods?
- Access delicious seafood caught by our fleet in pristine waters
- Sample high-quality ‘hook caught’ gummy flake
- Dine on our prized Stripey Trumpeter, processed live from our holding tanks
- We offer Southern Rock Lobster, the tastiest lobster in the world, kept live in our tanks and available all year round
- Family-friendly dining with a variety of children's meals
- We offer char-grilled local steak and free-range chicken alongside our seafood selection
- Fully licensed and certified service
- Browse our large viewing tanks to glimpse the day’s catch
- Our takeaway menu is cooked to order
- We’re open 364 days each year (closed on Christmas)
- For your convenience take the lift to our dining room.